WIST is my personal collection of quotations. Please feel free to browse and borrow.
- 14164 quotes and counting ...
Topic Cloudaction age America argument art author beauty belief change church and state death deeds democracy destiny education ego evil faith fear freedom future God government history honesty humanity integrity leadership liberty life love morality perspective politics power religion science silence success truth virtue war wealth wisdom writing
- I've only been adding topics/tags since 2014, so not all quotes have been given a topic. Choose "Topics" from the menu for the full list.
- Agamemnon, l. 179
- “The Lesson for Today,” A Witness Tree (1942)
- Nobel prize acceptance speech (10 Dec 1962)
- “In Search of a Majority,” Speech, Kalamazoo…
- “Hallowed Ground” (1825)
- “The Triumph of Stupidity” (10 May 1933)
- “Get a Knife, Get a Dog, but Get Rid of Guns,”…
- “Wealth and Poverty,” Speech, National Policy…
- Moral Essays, “On Tranquility of Mind [De…
- (Spurious / Synthetic)
Author CloudBacon, Francis Bible Bierce, Ambrose Billings, Josh Butcher, Jim Chesterton, Gilbert Keith Churchill, Winston Einstein, Albert Eisenhower, Dwight David Emerson, Ralph Waldo Franklin, Benjamin Fuller, Thomas (1654) Gaiman, Neil Galbraith, John Kenneth Gandhi, Mohandas Goethe, Johann von Hazlitt, William Heinlein, Robert A. Hoffer, Eric Huxley, Aldous Ingersoll, Robert Green James, William Jefferson, Thomas Johnson, Lyndon Johnson, Samuel Kennedy, John F. King, Martin Luther La Rochefoucauld, Francois Lewis, C.S. Lincoln, Abraham Mencken, H.L. Roosevelt, Eleanor Roosevelt, Theodore Russell, Bertrand Seneca the Younger Shakespeare, William Shaw, George Bernard Stevenson, Adlai Stevenson, Robert Louis Twain, Mark Watterson, Bill Wilde, Oscar ~Other ~Sig ~~Admin
- Only the 45 most popular authors are shown in the cloud above.
- 13-Jul-15 - Chamblee54 on Time Enough For Love (1973).
- 6-Jul-15 - Chamblee54 on Letter to Benjamin Rush (1812).
- 4-Jul-15 - "We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pur on Declaration of Independence, “Original Rough Draught” (Jun 1776).
- 18-Jun-15 - (Attributed) | WIST on Letter to Robert Hooke (5 Feb 1676).
- 9-Jun-15 - Chamblee54 on “The Coolidge Buncombe” (6 Oct 1924).
- 3-Jun-15 - Chamblee54 on Letter to Edward Livingston (10 Jul 1822).
The Gracious Host