WIST is my personal collection of quotations. Please feel free to browse and borrow.
- 14265 quotes and counting ...
Topic Cloudaction age America argument art author beauty belief change creation death democracy destiny education ego evil faith fear freedom future God government history honesty humanity integrity law leadership liberty life love morality perspective politics power religion science silence success truth virtue war wealth wisdom writing
- I've only been adding topics/tags since 2014, so not all quotes have been given one. Full topic list.
- Agamemnon, l. 179
- “The Lesson for Today,” A Witness Tree (1942)
- Nobel prize acceptance speech (10 Dec 1962)
- “In Search of a Majority,” Speech, Kalamazoo…
- “Hallowed Ground” (1825)
- “The Triumph of Stupidity” (10 May 1933)
- “Get a Knife, Get a Dog, but Get Rid of Guns,”…
- “Wealth and Poverty,” Speech, National Policy…
- (Spurious / Synthetic)
- Moral Essays, “On Tranquility of Mind [De…
Author CloudBacon, Francis Bible Bierce, Ambrose Billings, Josh Butcher, Jim Chesterton, Gilbert Keith Churchill, Winston Einstein, Albert Eisenhower, Dwight David Emerson, Ralph Waldo Franklin, Benjamin Fuller, Thomas (1654) Gaiman, Neil Galbraith, John Kenneth Gandhi, Mohandas Goethe, Johann von Hazlitt, William Heinlein, Robert A. Hoffer, Eric Huxley, Aldous Ingersoll, Robert Green James, William Jefferson, Thomas Johnson, Lyndon Johnson, Samuel Kennedy, John F. King, Martin Luther La Rochefoucauld, Francois Lewis, C.S. Lincoln, Abraham Mencken, H.L. Roosevelt, Eleanor Roosevelt, Theodore Russell, Bertrand Seneca the Younger Shakespeare, William Shaw, George Bernard Stevenson, Adlai Stevenson, Robert Louis Twain, Mark Watterson, Bill Wilde, Oscar ~Other ~Sig ~~Admin
- Only the 45 most quoted authors are shown above. Full author list.
- 30-Aug-15 - Chamblee54 on “Biological Analogies in History,” Romanes Lecture, Oxford University (7 Jun 1910).
- 30-Aug-15 - Liz on (Attributed).
- 10-Aug-15 - Chamblee54 on Think on These Things, Part 1, ch. 3 (1963).
- 30-Jul-15 - (Attributed) | WIST on Letters, 1.20 [tr. Radice (1963)].
- 13-Jul-15 - Chamblee54 on Time Enough For Love (1973).
- 6-Jul-15 - Chamblee54 on Letter to Benjamin Rush (1812).
The Gracious Host