I chose the WIST acronym to go with the natural, catchy phrase, “Wish I’d Said That!” I did note at the time I grabbed the domain (long after) that the .com version of the domain was long gone — which was okay, because the .info domain was a natural for a site like this. (Though, to be sure — how many .info domains are there? Should be a lot more, IMO.)
Anyway, a miskeying led me to a whole bunch of sites that share the WIST name, if not exact domain:
- Wist Auto Products (proud owners of the .com).
- WIST Radio
- Wists (Web Lists, a “social wish list” shopping bookmark site)
- Women In Surgical Training (an organization within the Royal College of Surgeons)
- The Wist Family (proud owners of the .org)
- WIST (a PHP Web interface)
- WIST (a NASA Warehouse Inventory Search Tool)
- WIST (Women in Sport Touring – a women’s motorcycling site)
- wist (the archaic form of “wit” as in “knew”)
Glad to have met each of you (virtually) and to share your name.