Please feel free to browse and borrow.
- 17,768 quotes and counting ...
- I've been adding topics/tags since 2014, so not all quotes have been given one. Full topic list.
- * Visual quotes (graphics, memes) only
- “Wealth and Poverty,” speech, National… (7,632)
- Agamemnon, ll. 175-183 [tr. Johnston (2007)] (5,946)
- “The Lesson for Today,” A Witness Tree (1942) (5,901)
- “The Triumph of Stupidity” (10 May 1933) (5,042)
- Nobel prize acceptance speech (10 Dec 1962) (4,879)
- “On The Conduct of Life” (1822) (4,087)
- “In Search of a Majority,” Speech,… (3,911)
- “Get a Knife, Get a Dog, but Get Rid of… (3,738)
- “A Cult of Ignorance,” Newsweek (21 Jan 1980) (3,305)
- “The Historian as Participant,” Daedalus… (3,265)
Most Quoted Authors
- Only the 45 most quoted authors are shown above. Full author list.
- 4-Nov-20 - ***Dave Does the Blog on Democracy in America, 1.14 (1835) [tr. Reeve and Bowen (1862)].
- 4-Nov-20 - ***Dave Does the Blog on When You Ride Alone You Ride With Bin Laden (2002).
- 4-Nov-20 - ***Dave Does the Blog on Annual Message to Congress (6 Jan 1941).
- 4-Nov-20 - ***Dave Does the Blog on (Attributed) (1862).
- 4-Nov-20 - ***Dave Does the Blog on Kansas City Star (7 May 1918).
Why are they always blaming everything on the rappers? Don’t blame the youth. Blame the wicked culture. Every Sunday night on TV, Angela Lansbury taught these kids violence on Murder, She Wrote … Blame the reruns of Have Gun, Will Travel and Gunsmoke.Rev. Al Sharpton (b. 1954) American clergyman and activist
on media coverage of Gangsta Rappers
Added on 1-Feb-04 | Last updated 1-Feb-04