- 17,530 quotes and counting ...
Topic Cloudaction age America argument author beauty belief change character death education ego error evil faith fear freedom future God government happiness history humanity integrity leadership liberty life love morality perspective politics poverty power progress religion science society success truth tyranny virtue war wealth wisdom writing
- I've been adding topics/tags since 2014, so not all quotes have been given one. Full topic list.
- * Visual quotes (graphics, memes) only
- “Wealth and Poverty,” speech, National… (7,113)
- “The Lesson for Today,” A Witness Tree (1942) (5,841)
- Agamemnon, ll. 175-183 [tr. Johnston (2007)] (5,797)
- “The Triumph of Stupidity” (10 May 1933) (4,899)
- Nobel prize acceptance speech (10 Dec 1962) (4,874)
- “On The Conduct of Life” (1822) (3,939)
- “In Search of a Majority,” Speech,… (3,838)
- “Get a Knife, Get a Dog, but Get Rid of… (3,687)
- “The Historian as Participant,” Daedalus… (3,124)
- “A Cult of Ignorance,” Newsweek (21 Jan 1980) (3,124)
Most Quoted Authors
- Only the 45 most quoted authors are shown above. Full author list.
- 21-Sep-20 - Shenandoah (1965) | WIST on (Attributed).
- 21-Sep-20 - ***Dave Does the Blog on Leviathan, Pt. I, ch. 13 (1651).
- 16-Sep-20 - Dave on “To Those Born Later [An die Nachgeborenen],” (1938) [tr. Horton (2008)].
The bosom of America is open to receive not only the Opulent and respectable Stranger, but the oppressed and persecuted of all Nations And Religions; whom we shall wellcome to a participation of all our rights and previleges, if by decency and propriety of conduct they appear to merit the enjoyment.
Added on 3-Jun-08 | Last updated 3-Jun-08