- 17,530 quotes and counting ...
Topic Cloudaction age America argument author beauty belief change character courage death education ego error evil faith fear freedom future God government happiness history humanity integrity leadership liberty life love morality perspective politics poverty power religion science society success truth tyranny virtue war wealth wisdom writing
- I've been adding topics/tags since 2014, so not all quotes have been given one. Full topic list.
- * Visual quotes (graphics, memes) only
- “Wealth and Poverty,” speech, National… (7,116)
- “The Lesson for Today,” A Witness Tree (1942) (5,842)
- Agamemnon, ll. 175-183 [tr. Johnston (2007)] (5,797)
- “The Triumph of Stupidity” (10 May 1933) (4,901)
- Nobel prize acceptance speech (10 Dec 1962) (4,874)
- “On The Conduct of Life” (1822) (3,945)
- “In Search of a Majority,” Speech,… (3,838)
- “Get a Knife, Get a Dog, but Get Rid of… (3,687)
- “A Cult of Ignorance,” Newsweek (21 Jan 1980) (3,124)
- “The Historian as Participant,” Daedalus… (3,124)
Most Quoted Authors
- Only the 45 most quoted authors are shown above. Full author list.
- 21-Sep-20 - Shenandoah (1965) | WIST on (Attributed).
- 21-Sep-20 - ***Dave Does the Blog on Leviathan, Pt. I, ch. 13 (1651).
- 16-Sep-20 - Dave on “To Those Born Later [An die Nachgeborenen],” (1938) [tr. Horton (2008)].
Be very circumspect in the choice of thy company. In the society of thine equals thou shalt enjoy more pleasure; in the society of thy superiors thou shalt find more profit. To be the best in the company is the way to grow worse. The best means to grow better is to be the worst there.
Enchyridion, Book 2, ch. 24 (1641)
Added on 13-Jun-16 | Last updated 13-Jun-16