- 17,520 quotes and counting ...
- I've been adding topics/tags since 2014, so not all quotes have been given one. Full topic list.
- * Visual quotes (graphics, memes) only
- “Wealth and Poverty,” speech, National… (7,108)
- “The Lesson for Today,” A Witness Tree (1942) (5,838)
- Agamemnon, ll. 175-183 [tr. Johnston (2007)] (5,795)
- “The Triumph of Stupidity” (10 May 1933) (4,899)
- Nobel prize acceptance speech (10 Dec 1962) (4,873)
- “On The Conduct of Life” (1822) (3,936)
- “In Search of a Majority,” Speech,… (3,834)
- “Get a Knife, Get a Dog, but Get Rid of… (3,686)
- “A Cult of Ignorance,” Newsweek (21 Jan 1980) (3,122)
- “The Historian as Participant,” Daedalus… (3,119)
Most Quoted Authors
- Only the 45 most quoted authors are shown above. Full author list.
- 16-Sep-20 - Dave on “To Those Born Later [An die Nachgeborenen],” (1938) [tr. Horton (2008)].
- 9-Sep-20 - Dave on “To Those Born Later [An die Nachgeborenen],” (1938) [tr. Horton (2008)].
I think we musicians are emissaries. Every time we go before the public, we’re there to make converts. We can either be ugly and contemptuious in our behiavor, which will turn people off, or we can carry ourselves with dignity and pride. We can’t expect anyone else to respect us if we don’t respect ourselves. Why should they do more than us than we do for ourselves?
Added on 30-Jun-08 | Last updated 30-Jun-08