- 17,545 quotes and counting ...
Topic Cloudaction age America argument author beauty belief change character courage death education ego error evil faith fear freedom future God government happiness history humanity integrity leadership liberty life love morality perspective politics poverty power religion science society success truth tyranny virtue war wealth wisdom writing
- I've been adding topics/tags since 2014, so not all quotes have been given one. Full topic list.
- * Visual quotes (graphics, memes) only
- “Wealth and Poverty,” speech, National… (7,131)
- “The Lesson for Today,” A Witness Tree (1942) (5,846)
- Agamemnon, ll. 175-183 [tr. Johnston (2007)] (5,803)
- “The Triumph of Stupidity” (10 May 1933) (4,914)
- Nobel prize acceptance speech (10 Dec 1962) (4,874)
- “On The Conduct of Life” (1822) (3,947)
- “In Search of a Majority,” Speech,… (3,838)
- “Get a Knife, Get a Dog, but Get Rid of… (3,688)
- “A Cult of Ignorance,” Newsweek (21 Jan 1980) (3,141)
- “The Historian as Participant,” Daedalus… (3,132)
Most Quoted Authors
- Only the 45 most quoted authors are shown above. Full author list.
- 23-Sep-20 - Molly Bawn (1878) | WIST on “Of the Standard of Taste” (1739).
- 21-Sep-20 - Shenandoah (1965) | WIST on (Attributed).
- 21-Sep-20 - ***Dave Does the Blog on Leviathan, Pt. I, ch. 13 (1651).
- 16-Sep-20 - Dave on “To Those Born Later [An die Nachgeborenen],” (1938) [tr. Horton (2008)].
“Practically everyone on sci.physics has a theory that is far superior to special relativity, general relativity, quantum mechanics and the standard model. Around here, it’s only a small clique of arrogant young members of the physics establishment who fail to recognize these revolutionary theories. I’d explain why, but I have to go finish designing my faster-than-light vacuum energy perpetual motion telekinetic aether-powered time machine.”
Added on 1-Feb-04 | Last updated 1-Feb-04