- 17,520 quotes and counting ...
Topic Cloudaction age America argument author beauty belief change character courage death education ego error evil faith fear freedom future God government happiness history humanity integrity leadership liberty life love morality perspective politics power progress religion science society success truth tyranny virtue war wealth wisdom writing
- I've been adding topics/tags since 2014, so not all quotes have been given one. Full topic list.
- * Visual quotes (graphics, memes) only
- “Wealth and Poverty,” speech, National… (7,108)
- “The Lesson for Today,” A Witness Tree (1942) (5,838)
- Agamemnon, ll. 175-183 [tr. Johnston (2007)] (5,795)
- “The Triumph of Stupidity” (10 May 1933) (4,899)
- Nobel prize acceptance speech (10 Dec 1962) (4,873)
- “On The Conduct of Life” (1822) (3,936)
- “In Search of a Majority,” Speech,… (3,834)
- “Get a Knife, Get a Dog, but Get Rid of… (3,686)
- “A Cult of Ignorance,” Newsweek (21 Jan 1980) (3,122)
- “The Historian as Participant,” Daedalus… (3,119)
Most Quoted Authors
- Only the 45 most quoted authors are shown above. Full author list.
- 16-Sep-20 - Dave on “To Those Born Later [An die Nachgeborenen],” (1938) [tr. Horton (2008)].
- 9-Sep-20 - Dave on “To Those Born Later [An die Nachgeborenen],” (1938) [tr. Horton (2008)].
CALVIN: I think life should be more like TV. I think all of life’s problems ought to be solved in thirty minutes with simple homilies, don’t you? I think weight and oral hygiene ought to be our biggest concerns. I think we should all have powerful, high-paying jobs, and everyone should drive fancy sports cars. All our desires should be instantly gratified. Women should always wear tight clothes, and men should carry powerful handguns. Life overall should be more glamorous, thrill-packed, and filled with applause, don’t you think?
Added on 1-Feb-04 | Last updated 1-Feb-04